"Child, to say the very thing you really mean, the whole of it, nothing more or less or other than what you really mean; that's the whole art and joy of words."

Thursday, February 14, 2013

37 Weeks Pregnant


It's that magical time of pregnancy - full term! That pretty much means...hmmm. Now baby should be healthy whenever he would like to appear, but it doesn't really have much to do with when he'll appear (I wish, but then again, when he'll show up may be life's last big surprise left in the 21st century. I'll take it.)
 
Well, there's no way around it : I'm large.
 
Cose has taken to pointing at my belly and saying, "Parker in there. Mommy big." Yep.
 
A while ago I bought her this cute little charm on Etsy...
 
I can.not.wait. to give it to her! I imagine it being a precious little moment where we're all snuggled up as a family and no one is crying or whining or, hmm, in a ton of pain. Ha. That's what imaginations are for.
 
So, here's the prego update thing:
How far along: 37 weeks – full term!
Baby's size: 6 lbs / 19” & I’ve gained 30 lbs.
Sleep: Sometimes still good! Of course there’s always at least 1 late-night trip to the ladies’ room.
Maternity Clothes: Hm, I know I’m close because most of them are just uncomfortable now and I just want to wear 1 giant tanktop and yoga pants J
Food cravings: Just.Food. Rice, fruit, pasta, cheeseburgers...it's all good
Food aversions: None really. 
Symptoms I have: Low pressure and off & on false labor! Things are getting close! Also, are increased irritability and exhaust good symptoms? Haha.
Doctor’s Appointment: Next Wed is my 38-week appt. This week’s appt was Tuesday and Keith got to come along. We checked out the room where Little Guy should be born in a few weeks!
Movement: Definitely not as active as before; I have to wake him up a bunch to check on him. He gets the hiccups a lot! Also he seems to rotate back and forth between what side his back is on, according to where the midwife seems to find the heartbeat each week.
Gender: Boy!
What I’m looking forward to: Holding this little guy and dressing him and letting Cosette meet her little brother!
What I miss: Clothes not bothering me, not squishing into the steering wheel, having energy!
 
Thought to add: Not carrying my cello to lessons any more, can feel my feet swell in my awesome new *Sperrys!!!* as I teach each night, am so.close to being ready to hand my studio over for 6-8 weeks...just a few more notes to make, AND cannot wait to deliver here at the New Birth Company for many reasons:
 
1. I won't be contributing to the ridiculous and exorbiant medical fee expectations that we experienced with Cosette's routine and healthy birth at a hosptial with an OBGYN. $20,000 for 2 days at a hospital and 1 routine, easy birth? Hm, no.
2. I'll be encouraged and expected to participate in bringing this baby into the world. I want to belong to all the centuries of women before us who owned their work in childbearing. I don't hold it against anyone who doesn't feel this way, because it's such a personal "conviction" and something I want to do.
3. I can do this labor and delivery how my body tells me to, rather than lying flat on my back in a hosptial gown.
4. Keith & I get to work together and hopefully make permanent memories that bind us tighter as a couple and a family.
5. There are a ton of benefits of laboring with a midwife in a low-intervention setting, not the least of which is my lowered chance of a C-section!

*******************************************
 
Last weekend a sweet friend hosted a baby shower for us. We felt so blessed by being the company of our friends and receiving amazing presents from them!!
 
 
******************************************
 
And I'll leave you all with a look at my little Valentine today...
what a cute little goob!
 
Love.

1 comment:

  1. Lookin' good Mama!! Can't wait to hear of Parker's arrival :) I also can't wait to hear how it goes at the birth center, you're pretty awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete