"Child, to say the very thing you really mean, the whole of it, nothing more or less or other than what you really mean; that's the whole art and joy of words."

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wednesday Lights

 
It's really hard to be the person I want to be when I wake up tired and Cosette wakes up spunky indepedent. There's only so many "I want that" and "I need that" and "No say me no, Mommy" and "I no want Mommy" and just plain "No!" that I can take before I turn into a goblin.



I was so disappointed in myself when we were driving home from a grocery trip this morning. I hadn't enjoyed my morning with Cosette at all, had barely stumbled through it in fact. Hadn't meditated on the beautiful Psalm I read this morning or the chapter on Prayer that I read, written by a beautiful friend Libby Tedder. Hadn't accepted any peace offered me as a child of God. I had just succumbed to the exhaustion and to the fears that understand exactly when to surface and chip away at me, slowly slowly slowly.

So I started thinking about things I like, things that lift my spirit, things in my life either good or Good, that I don't want to look past.


When you run an orange peel in the garbage disposal, you get sprayed with a cloud of citrus!
 
 
My new boots. The best boots in the world. Bought with money given me by my Aunt and Grandma. I wear them every day, with everything, all the time, match or not.
 Look who's going to be in here in a few weeks!
This chalkboard makes me so happy too.
The red paper clipped on is Cosette's permission form to join a tumbling class in Feb & Mar.
She's so not a baby anymore...
 
 
 
Speaking of, I cleaned up the high chair and put it away today because Little Miss is so consistently eating at the table now without dropping her food everywhere.
Horray, extra space in our tiny kitchen!
 
 
 
One of my precious students gave me this pendant for Christmas and I haven't stopped wearing it.
Even has an end-pin!
 
 
 Freshly Fluffed Max Dog.
Bathed, brushed, and his bandana is even clean!
Must enjoy quickly, as odiforous natural scent will return in a few days.
 
 
 Friends who send you Christmas presents because they love you.
Laurryn & Matt, we love you guys.
 
 
 
Already my soul feels so much happier! Thank you Lord! Light and Loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment