"Child, to say the very thing you really mean, the whole of it, nothing more or less or other than what you really mean; that's the whole art and joy of words."

Monday, January 14, 2013

I'm Back!

It's only been 2 years, right? Plus or minus...eh.

I used to think I could only blog if I had something life-altering to discuss, but now that I have some free time, I realized I've changed my mind. I want to document our lives, the day-to-day stuff. I want to remember when Cosette said something hilarious or how I felt right before Parker was born. So I'm back.

Hopefully I can figure out how to sprucify the blog layout, but for now, it'll do.

Last month was a pretty hard one. My Grandpa passed away on Dec 15 after a series of hospital visits for breathing problems and infections acquired while in hospital. And I missed him. I had hoped to see him for a final visit after the weekend had passed, but he decided to go on Saturday night.

Here he is with Grandma and Cosette a few years ago.

Grandpa I miss you, and it's a hard kind of miss, because you were so quietly and unobtrusively a part of things, and yet, who you were shaped who my Dad is and therefore shaped in part who I am. We missed you so much at Christmas, but no one said anything, because we didn't know what to say. But your name was still on all the packages that Grandma still somehow had time to buy for Keith and me and Cosey, a reminder you had just been here so recently. But your name wasn't on the anniversary card Grandma gave us...it looked so empty and wrong without it there. I realized you wre gone then, at that moment, well after the phone call, after the visitation and funeral, days later.
Spent shell from the Navy gun salute at his funeral. Couldn't have been happier to see him honored, since he never brought attention upon himself. And I'll always remember that super cold rainy morning at the gravesite, when both his 80-year-old brothers nodded their heads at the casket and whispered him goodbye. You're never too old to be okay with losing a loved one. But something I'm so glad for is that Grandpa to see us at Thanksgiving on Skype. I'll always remember how you saw Cosette on the screen and said her name. You are precious to me and I miss you.
Last month also marked another powerful loss.
This sweet little guy passed away in his sleep. I wanted to write about him because he was my friends' child and because he was Cosette's friend, but also so that everyone knows that he is special and his life mattered in this world. Miss you little Thomas. I pray I can be a friend your parents want around in this time.

Whew, life can be so rainy sometimes. But there are sunny days too, praise the Lord!

We've been at our little church for about 9 months now and can't believe how it's evolved. It seems all we do is pray and dream dreams and come open the doors on Sunday morning and God has done the rest! What do you have in store for us, Lord?  


Our church building! Lawrence Faith Church of the Nazarene (minus foyer)
Cose & Braylin eating Sunday morning cake! It's becoming a tradition, thanks to Andrea :). Lord, bring our church more kids!!!
And today, today, just today...
We ventured out to HobLob on this 19 degree morning...yikes. I'm pretty sure my passenger door was latched but open and letting in the cold air on the highway. Nice. We spent exactly $20 and came home and made this...
It's kinda bright, but I think I like it!
Before we came home though, we made a stop at Dunkin Donuts! That probably explains the sugar coma...


And I'm around 32 1/2 weeks!
Maybe I should retire the horizontal stripes after today....


No comments:

Post a Comment