"Child, to say the very thing you really mean, the whole of it, nothing more or less or other than what you really mean; that's the whole art and joy of words."

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Wednesday Lights, ii

 
Okay, so this hasn't been the best stretch of parenting I've ever done. For a week, Cosette has taken a pass on her afternoon nap. And about once a week she wakes up early early early in the morning and ends up in our bed. Flopping around and chatting with us. At 4:00 am. The other day I ended up in her (toddler) bed. Not pretty, although quite a feat.
 
And all this accumulates and I feel overwhelmed. There's a feeling embedded in all parents, I think, that begs for me time that has been eternally forfeited when our first precious baby is born. Even during times when I'm at work, or out with friends without Cosette, my mind is divided and my body is reacting to whatever her schedule has construed. There's no more me time ever. I'm not me any more; I'm someone more.
 
I love this; this is a privilege. It is an ultimate act. Give yourself for someone else! Parents who don't understand this miss out. Parents who do understand this, though, often feel like we're drowning. I'm trying to embrace the awesomeness of being a parent.
 
Anyways, here are some more lights of the week so far...
 
Playing puzzles with John at church while Dione & I (okay, Dione) reupholstered the lobby chairs.
 
 
This looks just like the wind chime I have hanging outside my front door.
Lots of folks sent chimes instead of flowers to my Grandpa's funeral.
Their chiming always cheers me up. And they're going nuts right now!
 
Something only a Daddy would do... :)
 
 
 
On Tuesday, Keith & Cosette & I ventured downtown to Crown Center and had a blast at the Crayola Factory Store and at Fritz's, the coolest-ever restaraunt that delivers your food on mini trains!
This is a mega pumped face. Coloring @ the Crayola store.

Coloring @ an easil now

Watching trains deliver the food at Fritz's! Silly.

Sitting with Daddy.
I LOVE family time where the 3 of us are out (or in) focusing on each other!
 We ended the outing with a stop at a candy store, and I truly understand the "kid in a candy store" adage. Holy moley. But we successfully made it out with lemon drops, gummy worms & letters, and something else??
 
 
Baby PK feels so huge these days and moves like a slow tumbling giant. I LOVE it. 42 days till the due date!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment