"Child, to say the very thing you really mean, the whole of it, nothing more or less or other than what you really mean; that's the whole art and joy of words."

Sunday, January 20, 2013

33 Weeks

A while ago I saw on a friend's blog this cute little questionaire that asks all the right questions of a pregnant lady. Thought it'd be fun to fill out a couple times with this pregnancy (and also useful to refer to in the happy case of another future pregnancy...I keep asking myself, Was this how I felt with Cosette?).
Anyways, 33 weeks this week. Today the chalkboard says 46 more days!
Terrible picture because of the flash, but still cute. Hi Cosey!
And today's sweatshirt and yoga pants do nothing for my figure, darlings. So no retakes.
(Oh, and neither does the all-morning-with-a-toddler-at-a-small-church exasperation expression.Can't seem to wipe it from my face.)
How far along: 33 weeks.
Baby's size: 4 lbs and about 17” long (although Cose was only 18” at birth at 38 weeks…)
Sleep: Er, it’s been better. I keep waking up flat on my back and it’s so hard to find the motivation to roll over. Weird dreams too.
Maternity Clothes: Yep, and I love the BeBands I have that allow me to wear my regular pants! Been into leggings and long shirts recently.
Food cravings: I.love.grapefruit.
Food aversions: None really. I am WAY too in to food these days.
Symptoms I have: Pressure, back aches. No sciatic nerve pain for about a month! Tiredness. And Braxton Hicks like crazy. All the time. So done with those. 
Doctor’s Appointment: 34 week appt is next week, followed by an appointment every week in February. Whoa! At my 32 week appointment my midwife told me baby was head-down already, so hopefully he has stayed like that.
Movement: Yep, a lot. He gets especially jiggy when I eat and when I’m teaching cello lessons.
Gender: Boy!
What I’m looking forward to: Getting to see him for the first time! Smelling sweet baby breath. Getting our planned natural delivery into the past (I’m not worrying too much about it, but you know, just a little)!
What I miss: Not knowing if I’m tired, achy, grouchy, etc because of the pregnancy or because I need an attitude check J. Feeling like I can do projects by myself instead of needing the extra energy or muscles from my hubs. Not having a constant back ache!

And here's way back to 15ish weeks (I think I was a little earlier along than 15, hence the "ish")

How far along: 15 weeks.
Baby's size: a small apple.
Sleep: let the weird dreams commence! Most nights are full of weird dreams and not a lot of good sleep.
Maternity Clothes: Sometimes. Pants still fit if I want them to, but maternity jeans are just more comfy.  
Food cravings: Blah. If anything, fresh foods like fruit and salads and sandwiches made with…fresh foods!
Food aversions: Mostly this and mainly that… Especially rich food. Cheeseburgers, my fav food, have been banned from being mentioned. Fast food in its entirety. Coffee is still out of the question, although tea has been creeping in here and there! Almost every possible food has fit into this category. 
Symptoms I have: Round ligament pain…yippee! Nausea still (although the dreaded v-word has disappeared from the routine for now!). Rarely hungry. Incredibly tired and zombie like most of the time. Complete lack of motivation for school…oh wait, that may not be a pregnancy symptom.
Doctor’s Appointment: 3rd one is coming up in 2 weeks. Should get a referral for an ultrasound, where I pray everything is okay with baby; and, we should find out gender!
Movement: Hm…not feeling movement yet!
Gender: No guess. It’s either a boy or a girl :D
What I’m looking forward to: Feeling baby move regularly! Eating like a normal person again. Not shuddering at words like “pizza” and “casserole”
What I miss: Self-motivation. Energy! Food!


No comments:

Post a Comment